AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

Table Mesa trail/New River trail run on 2/3/18

5 months 3 weeks ago #9927 by cdb
Being from Oregon we have a few questions for Pierre:

1. Do we meet at the New River Campground?
2. If so, how long does it take to get there from New River or Cave Creek or Carefree?
3. When do you expect to be finished and where?

Thanks,

Clark and Donna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #9928 by RovnAZ
Keep tabs on the Event page for the run. The trail leader will usually update the meeting info (place, time, communications, etc) about a week or so prior the run.

1984 90
2004 Discovery II (Dead)
1997 Tahoe
KE7VGU
- Rob Woodward

5 months 2 weeks ago #9929 by cdb

5 months 1 week ago #9930 by LeBlanc
I usually run it from East to West, so we will meet in North Scottsdale somewhere or Cave creek proper.. stay tuned.

We usually meet up around 8am, and hit the trail shortly thereafter.. There's a fun rock pile we usualy stop at for lunch and exploring, and we exit on Table Mesa / I-17 usually around 4pm or so. This can vary based on obstacles and size of group.

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD

5 months 1 day ago #9941 by Ejag
This is my usual query regarding a trail run I am contemplating: Is a stock 04 Discovery with street tires OK for this trail? The trail description is somewhat conflicting.

"Stock vehicles are ok for this easy to moderate trail"

"Suitable for aggressive stock SUVs with HIGH GROUND CLEARANCE AND GOOD ARTICULATION. SKID PLATES RECOMMENDED"

Thanks,
Rod & Linda

5 months 1 day ago #9942 by LeBlanc
Our apologies, our trail descriptions are sometimes a combination of guide books and user input. Usually inconsistent. As this trail follows a river contour and crosses the river many times, it's difficult to predict what the condition is from month to month. Historically this trail has never been beyond the capability of any stock land rover. That being said, the biggest success factor in arizona with our harsh terrain is good tires. We always caution folks with Street level tires about this risk mostly due to side wall cuts. If you have a spare tire, make sure it's in good condition. It doesn't always happens , but sometimes it does.

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD

4 months 4 weeks ago #9943 by LeBlanc
Meeting / Trip Details updated on the events page

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter