AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

Discovery 1 Window regulator options

4 years 4 months ago #8234 by Rodewaryer
Discovery 1 Window regulator options was created by Rodewaryer
Need to do my drivers window regulator for the 4th time. I rarely use the window lifts anymore as it is, this is ridiculous. Is there some secret to a more reliable part out there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #8243 by le1gf
What's going on with them? Is it the sheetmetal "X" like things that are breaking or the motors? My P38 "X" thing broke a few times. I ended up getting lucky and putting a washer and screw to replace the rivets that broke on the last one. The previous owner of my truck fabbed a piece of metal that held together the broken "X" thing. Hope this helps.

Glenn Onodera
'97 Rover P38 3" Coil Spring Conversion, Front Lockrite, Rear TC
'88 Classic Stock

4 years 3 months ago #8280 by Rodewaryer
Replied by Rodewaryer on topic Discovery 1 Window regulator options
Yeah, the motor still seems to be functional as the window does move under power, but it isn't in anyway normal movement, something is not right in the way of the X-thing as you put it, which I always took to be the regulator. So, I need it to be functional even if I don't really plan to use it, so we're off to find factory parts again.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter