AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

Topographic map source

4 years 4 months ago #8398 by koly
Topographic map source was created by koly
Does anyone know of a good online source for topographic maps? I'm hoping to find a vector-based version that I can scale to any size w/out it becoming pixelated...

00 G500
N4GWG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #8401 by James Howard
Replied by James Howard on topic Topographic map source
mapper.acme.com/ is free.
Pima County has 2ft vector contour intervals (the Topography layer) on their GIS map: gis.pima.gov/maps/mapguide/ You don't see the layer until you zoom in a certain amount.

Chuck Powell can help you for other options.

1968 Land Rover Dormobile
1992 Range Rover
N1JH
The following user(s) said Thank You: koly

4 years 4 months ago #8410 by koly
Replied by koly on topic Topographic map source
I don't see any way to download the mapper.acme topo maps... but that's pretty close to what I'd like, but not sure if what I could download would be editable.

The Pima County site isn't mac friendly - I'll have to check it on PC to see if that might work.

Thanks for the suggestions!

00 G500
N4GWG

4 years 4 months ago #8412 by James Howard
Replied by James Howard on topic Topographic map source
I have to use it with Internet Explorer, too. Their system is by Autodesk, which is very Windows-centric.

Also, I haven't played with it much, but the USGS top quads from 2012 or so seem to have a lot of digital data embedded in them.

store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs/maplocator/...1_48&uiarea=2%29/.do

What you really need is ArcGIS and access to a data repository, but that costs money.

1968 Land Rover Dormobile
1992 Range Rover
N1JH

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Recent Posts

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/azlro/htdocs/libraries/tzm/sources/modules/modules.php on line 22

Newsletter