July Meeting Minutes - Phoenix

6 years 8 months ago #3021 by ronrwatkins
Diana, Steve O., Koly, Mike J., Al K., Doug, Daria (& Emma), Rob W., Ted M, Chad, Jon C.

AZLRO given OK to use the Green Oval/Land Rover name w/club related media. In the event you had not read about it in the forum. Land Rover North America has agreed to allow use of emblem on AZLRO website and club related media. Special thanks to Karl Kompe at Royal Land Rover in Tucson for his assistance & support!

Upcoming Events:
1st Quarterly Club Meeting has been scheduled. Our events calendar has been update w/details. A separate forum thread as been added to capture requested agenda items. Please note: No use of the resort's pool unless you are a paid overnight guest.

Steve O.’s Birthday Celebration Trail Run – October 16th Steve will be organizing a special trail run to celebrate his upcoming ‘milestone’ birthday.[/list:u]

2012 Rally Updates (Doug):
1. 3 day event weekend of 4/14 or 4/21
2. Location Discussion
    a.Provide choices on website to be polled for final location
i. Plan to send out survey to members using email distribution
b. Proposed locations
i. Show Low / Payson Area
    1. Pros – equal distance between Phoenix & Tuscon[/list:u]
    ii. Lake Havasu
    1. New venue (trails, etc)
    2. Would be able to leverage local off-road club for pre-runs and as “guides” in addition to AZLRO trail leaders.[/i][/list:u]
3. Registration – Diana will head committee
    a. Suggestions:
    i. that we staff registration table w/paid workers so that club members would be able to participate in trail runs & not have to worry about breaking down registration area
ii. Co-located with morning staging area
iii. Locate behind vendor tables to give vendors more visibility & traffic.
b. Please contact Diana if you are interested in assisting with Registration or know of someone who might be interested in working the registration tables.
c. T-shirts – looking at expanding t-shirt options to women’s & kid sizes/styles
i. Need to review t-shirt vendor options (will check w/Shaun to get details from 2011 Rally and obtain 2012 t-shirt design)
ii. May need to have alternate design for the kid’s t-shirts due to limited ‘print’ space & potential 10% increase to cover increase costs for option.
d. Goodie Bags
i. Push sponsors for trinkets, etc for inclusion in the bags
ii. Suggest flash drives w/Land Rover logos pre-load w/the trail maps vs. printing out the maps
iii. Hoping to get donated ‘bags’ from Petco highlighting their Pet Foundation.
4. Volunteers still needed
    a. Please check the AZLRO Rally site for open spots.
b. Safety coordinator still needed.
c. Morning staging areas – Koly will head
d. Marketing Coordinator - Daria[/list:u]
5. General Information
    a. Price of 2012 Rally to remain the same 2011 Rally registration fees
    b.(suggestion) Raffle:
i. Break up raffle into 2 nights.
ii. Night 1: Regular w/”big” raffle item.
iii. Night 2: Vendor Night raffle – allow Vendors to present
their company, services and raffle item.[/list:u]
c. Possible new Sponsors Suggestions:
i. Tire Sponsor: BFG/Tire Rack/Michelin?
ii. Compo Wheels
iii. Car Detailers??
6. Sponsorship Levels:
    a. Vendor banner on website to increase exposure
    b. Possible vendor spot lights (write up similar to the National Rally) on fb & AZLRO sites
    c. Doug & Shaun to meet to define sponsorship levels.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]


Owner of Henry (2011 LR4) &amp; Margot (2013 R-Pod 178) <!-- s:ahhh: --><img src="{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_ahhh.gif" alt=":ahhh:" title="ahhh" /><!-- s:ahhh: -->

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #3028 by 05LR3AZ
Wow, I missed alot. Sorry, was out of town. I'll be out of town the next couple of weekends as well but still want to go over some of these items before the next meeting...

05' LR3
01' E-350 7.3L 4x4 - Sportsmobile pop-up
[bt]91' RRC SWB[/b]
Shaun - KF7KOY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds