AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

June Meeting Minutes

6 years 2 days ago #5162 by admin
June Meeting Minutes was created by admin
Attendees:
Pierre, Chad, Bob, Brandt, Dave, Shaun, diana, Steve, Joanne, & Chuck via teleconference
  • Old Business
    • Rally recap
      • Blazin M was a lot of fun and a great venue[/*:m]
      • Would have been nice to have venue to ourselves both nights[/*:m]
      • little too hot for many[/*:m]
      • Only 4 people who paid and didn't attend[/*:m]
      • Only 1 walkup/On-site registrations[/*:m]
      • Poor quality on some shirts:
        - 5 that were for sure sub-quality that we didn't hand out, 10-15 that we gave out because we were low but would have preferred not to
        - some of the men's shirts were women's, but very hard to tell on sizing[/*:m]
      • Pierre will do a couple rally recap writeups for web site[/*:m]
      • Pierre to follow up with trail leaders to have them send out thank you to attendees[/*:m]
      • more recap to come from Rally Chair[/*:m][/list:u][/*:m]
      • Epic Trip
        • Brought in nice $ bump for the club, raised club profile quite a bit having Bill Burke and attracted people from Canada, Colorado, New Mexico, and more[/*:m]
        • Itinerary 1: too many vehicles, overall impression was it was a great trip but maybe packed too much into a long 12 day week with three events[/*:m]
        • Itinerary 2: had a nice relaxing trip - pace was ideal. Overall impression was an awesome trip[/*:m][/list:u][/*:m]
        • Overland Expo
          • Doug working on Hydroflask club discount[/*:m]
          • club could have had a much better presence, but everyone was burnt out from Rally & Epic trips[/*:m]
          • Rover Divas again demonstrated why they're awesome[/*:m]
          • Lucky8 rollover demonstration was nicely done[/*:m][/list:u][/*:m][/list:u][/*:m]
          • Ongoing Business
            • Membership
              • Membership packets are going out regularly[/*:m]
              • All expired members have been notified by club web site and Chad, and let in on Overland Journal deal[/*:m]
              • New Members and Renewing Members can now also get a subscription to Overland Journal and save $20! Bob needs to figure out if he can add it to membership renewal online form. Overland Journal offer for renewals are only good if you renew before your expiration date[/*:m]
              • Chad has concerns about new member stickers holding up in sun and sharpness, but the new size is much better - look to improve on printer's quality next year[/*:m]
              • 91 paid members, 2-4 recent expirees who are likely to renew[/*:m][/list:u][/*:m]
              • Website Stats
                <!-- ia0 -->usage.png<!-- ia0 -->

                Attachment 256_7357ff0a96d716268984c51731b1cec5.jpg not found


                [/*:m]
              • Trail Coordinator Report
                • Recent Events
                  • Run on April 28th in Chimney Rock TL: Jon R. - 4 attendees would be nice for trail leaders who don't carry FRS to go over hand signals at beginning of trail[/*:m]
                  • Rally in may[/*:m]
                  • June 2nd - Cinder Hills OHV - TL: Gem M. 4 vehicles, good overnight camping trip spot, maybe camp at wapatuki national monument[/*:m][/list:u][/*:m]
                  • Upcoming Events
                    • Cedar Flat July 21st[/*:m]
                    • August 11th, Payette Draw - TL: Shaun[/*:m]
                    • Choco Canyon in Sept - TL: Doug (may want to resched, in it's place: Mt Graham in Tucson?)[/*:m]
                    • Canyon de Chelly - Sept 28th - 30th - TL: Doug. [/*:m]
                    • Solihull National Rally - Moab, Oct 2nd thru 6th[/*:m][/list:u][/*:m]
                    • Trail Leaders who haven't should complete their required Trail Leading by March 24th, 2013[/*:m][/list:u][/*:m][/list:u][/*:m]
                    • New business
                      • Send LRNA and LR Experience people Rally shirts - Doug & Diana?[/*:m]
                      • Cafe Press store to go live as soon as Bob can add it to site. Would also like to add Rally logos from the past if possible[/*:m]
                      • BigFrog Printing (our rally shirt providers) - we can order single items at bulk rate, and have a web-store also for existing shirts[/*:m]
                      • Club Donations - see Council meeting minutes. James to handle[/*:m]
                      • Viewranger giveaway - Viewranger gave AZLRO 8 copies of their software, winners are:
                        Steve, Brandt, Gem, Joanne, Chris, Val, Dirk & Curry[/*:m]
                      • AZLRO Maps: Chuck is almost done adding trails from the well's book onto the westland resources site, Bob & Chuck need to get together to integrate mapping software into azlro.org as a members only area
                        [/*:m]
                      • AZLRO.org Website
                        • request for a single log on - not possible at this time with our 3 different key software packages (gallery, forum, and site proper/member tracking)[/*:m]
                        • Mail server pinging as expired certificate. Bob to followup with hosting provider[/*:m]
                        • Check on forum update/notifs re: notify every new post or just one notif until you visit forum again[/*:m]
                        • Bob considering large redesign if he can wrangle a new template to fit our CMS backend[/*:m][/list:u][/*:m]
                        • Upcoming Phx meeting locations:
                          • July: Doug's office[/*:m]
                          • August: Nello pizza - Chad to arrange - Southern & McClintock [/*:m]
                          • September: Neopolitan pizza or possibly Desert Ridge (Bob working on location)[/*:m]
                          • October - we are planning on changing date to Saturday, Oct 20th and having the club BBQ at Puneet's house in Gilbert[/*:m][/list:u][/*:m][/list:u][/*:m][/list:u]

00 G500
N4GWG
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 day ago #5166 by ipgregory
Replied by ipgregory on topic June Meeting Minutes
I really need to get the meetings into my Outlook so I don't keep missing them (if it aint in Outlook it doesn't happen for me...). Still can't get used to the Thursday schedule.

Thanks for the minutes Bob.

Ian

Ian Gregory - N1IPG

Current LR Stable: 97 D90 S/T #1008, 94 D90 S/W #1887 (Project), 98 D1 LSE
Memories of: 84 RRC Vogue 4dr, 93 RRC Vogue SE, 84 Ninety 2.5D S/W, 86 Ninety 2.5TD 2dr, 96 D1 SD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 hours ago #5171 by le1gf
Replied by le1gf on topic June Meeting Minutes
Thanks everybody for all you do for the club!

Glenn Onodera
'97 Rover P38 3" Coil Spring Conversion, Front Lockrite, Rear TC
'88 Classic Stock

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 hour ago #5173 by 05LR3AZ
Replied by 05LR3AZ on topic June Meeting Minutes

ipgregory wrote: I really need to get the meetings into my Outlook so I don't keep missing them (if it aint in Outlook it doesn't happen for me...). Still can't get used to the Thursday schedule.

Thanks for the minutes Bob.

Ian

October mtg is on a Saturday...

05' LR3
01' E-350 7.3L 4x4 - Sportsmobile pop-up
94' DI - ROKROVR
[bt]91' RRC SWB[/b]
Shaun - KF7KOY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter