AZLRO
  • ¬†¬†webmaster@azlro.org

2017 - RECRUITING NEW TRAIL LEADERS!!!

2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #9869 by CFranco101
In October 2010, AZLRO introduced their Trail Leader program.

Offered as a way for members who wanted to grow their skills not only as an off-road adventurer but as a leader and a contributor to the club, AZLRO employed famed offroad trainer Bill Burke to conduct a Trail Leader training class.

For 2017, we've managed to secure 1992 Camel Trophy Competitor Jim West to provide this year's training class. This training will serve as a both a refresher for our current Trail Leaders and to offer the opportunity to newer members and members that may now want to go through the experience.

Training Dates: October 6-7, 2017

This is an intensive training course focuses on human dynamics, spotting, vehicle platform knowledge, technical theory and off-road driving, skill building for recovery and leadership exercises.

REQUIREMENTS:

A Land Rover
Moderate to advanced experienced drivers
Paid member of the club for one year or more
Wilderness First Aid & CPR certification (see below)
Gloves (you'll find out why!)
Along with the required Trail Leader Training, all Trail Leaders will be required to complete a Wilderness First Aid (WFA) 2-day class. AZLRO will scheduled a WFA class for a date yet to be determined, this class may cost ~$125 depending on the training facility selected. If you cannot attend this date, you may schedule your own WFA class. If you already have a WFA certification that runs through at least December 2017, that is also acceptable.

FURTHER REQUIREMENTS:

All AZLRO Trail Leaders for the 2017 Rally must attend the Trail Leader training program. This program will support the 2017 Rally and year round activities of the club.
Members who have completed the Trail Leader training are also required to lead at least one trail per year for the club in addition to leading trails during the Rally.

Please reply here with your questions or if you'd like to sign up for the program!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #9875 by Callyer
It was great to meet everyone at the meeting tonight! I am definitely interested in becoming a trail leader. Just let me know when and where I need to be and I'll be there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CFranco101

2 months 1 week ago #9876 by LeBlanc
awesome! great to have you!

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD

2 months 4 days ago #9878 by Maxum96
Im interested just need to know the specifics. Will there be cpr training through the club
-Chuck S

2 months 4 days ago - 2 months 4 days ago #9879 by CFranco101
Hey Everyone!
We will be holding Trail Leader training in October with Wilderness First aid classes as well with final dates on the WFA classes yet to be determined.

To answer some of your questions please see below for the specifics of becoming a Trail Leader through this program.
  • Everyone interested in becoming a trail leader through this program is making a commitment to lead trails during the rally
  • You are also committing to lead at least 1 trail during the calendar year for the club
  • Costs of training to be covered by Trail Leaders with the club subsidizing some of the costs of the Trail Leader training
  • The last few things you'll need are quite important, you'll need a Land Rover and a can do attitude!

Becoming a trail leader is a bit of a commitment to the club but it is a very rewarding job at the rally and great group to be a part of.

please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds

Newsletter