AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

Call for Council Nominees 2015/16

4 years 4 months ago #8476 by admin
It's that time again - Time to elect the 2015/2016 council. The term runs July 1st to June 30th, and our current council's term is almost up.

If you're a member in good standing and would be interested in running for the AZLRO council, feel free to post in this thread why you think you'd make a good addition.

Existing council members are also eligible to run again.

Duties are typically assigned once the council is in place and include: Trail Coordinator, Membership Secretary, and Treasurer, with the remaining two council members left to handle other club-related things.

Please put your hat in the ring as soon as possible. We will close the call for entries on June 20th, with voting occurring the 21st through the 29th and results announced June 30th.

This is your opportunity to help guide the club and keep improving what the current council has put in place.

00 G500
N4GWG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #8492 by winfree
Greetings All!
While new to the group, and new to Land Rover, I beleive I would be a great candidate to represent Northern Arizona. I lived in AZ from 1995 to 2007, then moved to PA, but am moving back to Flagstaff this month! During my first 12 years in Flagstaff, I spent many weekends wheeling in Sedona, Schultz Pass, Mt. Elden, and many other Flagstaff area trails. As an Eagle Scout, I firmly beleive in doing one's best to be prepared, both to deal with trail emergencies and with the right equipment for having fun. Prior to moving to PA, I was an active mountain biker, rock climber, and hiker - all activities I would love to return to. Further, I've been a ham radio operator for over a decade (KE7CDJ).
I am not yet a member in good standing, as I have not yet joined the group. I will be doing that shortly, when I figure out exactly how many additional people I need to register for my vehicle at the upcoming WNLRR. I will be joining the AZLRO club officially at that time.
Cheers,
Kyle

4 years 4 months ago #8496 by admin
Welcome Kyle!

If you'd like, please feel free to post some photos, or email/pm me with them so I can add them to your bio for the soon-to-be-published "list of nominees" page (keeping in mind that you won't be listed until you're an actual dues-paying member).

Also, the WNLRR registration page offers a $20 discount to join AZLRO, so you can become a member for only $30 instead of $50 when you figure out your passenger situation.

Look forward to seeing you on the trail.

00 G500
N4GWG

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #8497 by CFranco101
Hello!
As another fairly recent member from PA I'd also like to try out for the council as well. I got my first taste for off road driving in the Pocono mountains in PA with my Dad when I was learning to drive manual in snow covered fields. My experience with off road driving was very limited when I bought my LR3, mostly snow and sand driving. I was very impressed with it when I took it to the NJ Pine Barrens and subsequently to the NC Outer Banks. But I had no idea of what it could really do when I took my first trip with the club to Broken Arrow. After that trip I was well aware that I wanted to continue doing this. I was bit by the bug and haven't looked back since. Since then my LR3 (and wallet!) looks very different than it did when I arrived in AZ. See the transformation pictures! hahaha

Since joining the club I have been very lucky to continue to explore my new home state and share those experiences with my family in the company of some of the nicest, most knowledgeable and experienced group of folks one could go off road with. I was also able to attend a fantastic trail leader training program and wilderness first aid class which has helped me grow my skills as a driver as well as grow personally. Overall my experience with the club has been very positive, everyone has been friendly and very willing to share their experience with newcomers as myself. It is for these reasons that I would like to run for council and assist the club in any capacity in order to give back. It is important to me that the club continue to thrive so that other current and new members may continue to have similar positive experiences as I did.

Before AZ

First trip with the club

First Mod! Roof rack

Trail Leader Training

Many mods later in Canyonlands National Park...

On Hell's Revenge in Moab!

4 years 3 months ago #8498 by koly
Greetings from your friendly neighborhood AZLRO web site guy!

I am also running for the council this term. As some of you know, I am not presently a Land Rover owner, but have owned a Range Rover classic and D90 in the past.

As a member of the club and it's webmaster since 1998, I've been lucky enough to serve on the council in the past, design Rally logos and web sites, act as a club Trail Leader, help organize events like the Gila Challenge, and participate in club sponsored Bill Burke events like Trail Leader Training.

It would be a privilege to serve on the council again.

SIncerly,
Bob K.

00 G500
N4GWG

Time to create page: 0.955 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Recent Posts

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/azlro/htdocs/libraries/tzm/sources/modules/modules.php on line 22

Newsletter