AZLRO
  • ¬†¬†webmaster@azlro.org

Refrigerator Preference

8 months 4 days ago #9827 by Glenn P38
Hi All,

I know this is going to open up a can of worms....but, what is your preferred fridge and size? Reasons? I know that some of you use ARB, others Engel. Anyone use the Smittybuilt? I know when it goes on sale it's a couple hundred cheaper than the others. I've had good luck with the other Smittybuilt items I've used.

Kelly/James/Grace: don't you guys now have one of each (Engel/ARB)?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 4 days ago - 8 months 4 days ago #9828 by Javelinadave
The current issue of the Overland Journal has a feature article on this very subject. I have an ARB fridge and have been happy with it.
Engel has a sale going on right now with some pretty god discounts.
Engel's Website

8 months 4 days ago #9829 by Glenn P38
Thanks for the info! Saw the discounts on the Engel site. Hard to beat those prices!

8 months 3 days ago #9830 by koly
I got my scratch and dent 'whynter / edgestar' (rebadged as either one) for $234 (43qt) four or five years ago, and it runs like a champ. If it dies at this point, I'd consider it money well spent.

They don't have all the bells & whistles of the name brands, but for that price it's worth it.

it's listed here for $299, and the 63 qt is $301... but they're presently out of stock:
www.livingdirect.com/fp430ob-compact-edg...reezer/FP430OB.html#

00 G500
N4GWG

8 months 3 days ago #9831 by Glenn P38
Dang. That's cheap. Too bad it's out of stock. Thanks for the info.

8 months 4 hours ago #9833 by Glenn P38
I just bought a scratch and dent Edgestar 80 qt for $395 with free shipping. We'll see how it lasts. Bigger than I wanted, but good price.

7 months 3 weeks ago #9836 by Glenn P38
So the Edgestar was oversold and out of stock. Canceled it and ordered a 42 (45?) qt from Engel. Should be here tomorrow. The day after I canceled the Edgestar 80, they had a scratch/dent 43 for $259.....Hopefully I'll be happy with the Engel at double the price. Lol.

7 months 3 weeks ago #9837 by DirkV
Hi Glenn, we have an older Engel 45 (no digital readout). Bought it used a few yrs ago, and it's very solid. Hopefully yours will give you many years of good service.
Always have to mod stuff. I put on a DIN plug.

7 months 3 weeks ago #9838 by Glenn P38
Just opened the Engel. Have it in my office for now. I wanted a fridge in my office. Lol. Interior is a bit smaller than I thought it would be. But, I ALWAYS over pack. Lol. I bought the MT45F from the Engel site. It does not have the digital readout either. the MT45 does.

Dirk, I know you guys take a lot of extended trips. I'm hoping to get the lifespan you're getting out of yours!

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Newsletter