AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

Discovery Opinions

6 months 3 weeks ago #9963 by fryvet
Discovery Opinions was created by fryvet
Hello All,

I am considering a Discovery II (I like the bigger size) for mild-moderate off-road use (mostly just to get to fishing areas). Is it worth spending the extra money for the 2004s? Or are the Discovery Is superior enough to take the smaller size? Or are their other years to consider first? I have had a 2001 and 2002, a RRC, a Freelander I, a LR3, and an Evoque, and like most cannot yet afford a Defender or Forward Control...

Thank you for any helpful opinons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 3 days ago #9967 by winfree
Replied by winfree on topic Discovery Opinions
I certainly like my D2. The D1 does have a pretty small trunk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fryvet

6 months 3 hours ago #9968 by Maxum96
Replied by Maxum96 on topic Discovery Opinions
The older the vehicle the less electronic gremlins a person might have. I wheel the dog pee out of my 1997 Discovery 1, with lift, 35" tires and lockers and have been fortunate enough to not have any problems. (knock on wood). If i were looking for newer Discovery, I would look at 2004's, they have center differential lock, little bit bigger, I think more choices for aftermarket wheels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fryvet

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter